Praying for our leaders
“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” —I Timothy 2:1-2
Five ways we can pray for our leaders
1. That they be God-fearing and recognize that they are
accountable to Him for each decision and act.
2. That they be granted wisdom, knowledge, and
3. That they be presented with the gospel and a loving
4. That, if they are unsaved, they will be drawn to a saving encounter
with Christ; if they are born-again, that they be strengthened and
encouraged in their faith.
(1 Timothy 2:4, Ephesians 1:17-23)
5. That they recognize their own inadequacy and pray and
seek the will of God.
(Proverbs 3:5-8, Luke 11:9-13
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” (Psalm 33:12).